Well, I sure have grown a new love for the sound of a beating heart. Today we had another OB appointment. The most exciting part is just hearing the baby's heartbeat. It's so real and reassuring. Today it was at 154 beats per minute which is exactly what it was on October 20th.
We're down to one week of finding out if Baby Anderson is a boy or a girl! Of course, we've looked into all the silly, fun things that "predict" the gender. The old wives tale about the heart rate (anything 140 and below=boy and anything over 140=girl, which would imply a girl), the Chinese Baby Gender Chart (different websites have said a boy and a girl), and tonight we're going to experiment with the ring on the string (if my wedding ring moves in circles it's suppose to mean a boy and side to side, a girl). Yeah...nothing very accurate but something fun to play around with. I think now that time is dwindling down to our 20 week ultrasound, I'm getting more and more anxious to find out the gender! So, now I'm back on the bandwagon of doing all of these silly things.
Well, it's past dinnertime and we've yet to have eaten. Nate and I ended up chatting for quite awhile after work and never got around to dinner. So, of course we opted for something quick and easy which means processed chicken patties. Sadly, it doesn't sound too bad to a pregnant lady who hasn't eaten since lunch! :) At least we'll throw in some fresh veggies and fruit to balance out the processed part!
14 years ago

1 comment:
Oh honey- if processed chicken patties are your "bad food" you're doing good! I can't even tell you some of the things I survived on when I was still sick (before 24 ish weeks).
Yay for a strong heartbeat!
Post a Comment