Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello friends and family! Can you believe it's December already?! We've had snow flurries today and both boys were bundled up in their coats and hats this morning.  I'm sure in a blink Christmas will be here!

As for the Anderson zoo, our day to day life is as crazy as ever with these 2 boys! Griffin will be 20 months next week and Maxwell just turned 5 months yesterday.  It's fun to watch them grow and see their personalities blossom.  Thankfully, as of now, anyway, we have at least 1 calm boy! That would be Maxwell.  He is such a happy, smiley lil' guy who is typically laid back.  My report is still the same on Griffin...he is still a wild child! 110% BOY! I have to say, I love seeing the dynamics between the 2 of them.  Maxwell is either smiling at his big brother or has this "deer in the headlights" look on his face.  If Max is in the travel swing, many times, Griffin will back up and sit right on top of Max.  We always rush over to get G off of Max and wouldn't you know that Max is just sitting there smiling! This morning, Maxwell was fussy, so Griffin was a good helper and put Maxwell's pacifier in his mouth.  I praised him and he got a little too excited and pinched Maxwell's cheek and drew a little blood! I'm trying to remember if this was before or after Griffin was pushing his lawnmower around the house with a bucket on top of his head running into everything...Just another day at the Anderson zoo! :)

I can't remember if I mentioned in my last update about Nate's promotion at Cooper?! Old news or new news, there you have it! He's in the process of learning a whole lot of new things...don't ask me what because I don't get it.  Something about ERP, whatever that is.  I think one of the biggest challenges that has presented is he lost his cubicle and is now in a room of 7 people on this new team.  They are packed in there like sardines for 7-8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  He mentioned a couple weeks ago, he went down and sat in his old cubicle and stretched out and said out loud to himself he had never been so happy to see that cubicle!

Work for me at Children's Mentoring Connection has been going well.  I've been here for 4 1/2 years already! Of course, if I mention that here at the office, my boss always reminds me it's only been 4 years since I've been on maternity leave twice! ;) We have several new volunteers and kids come into our program over the last month or two so that's been exciting.  It's funny how sometimes you get stuck into the same work routine.  Some days I don't think twice about what I do.  I don't mean that in a negative way, it's just a routine.  However, a couple weeks ago, I met a new little girl that is on my caseload who stole my heart.  She is as cute as cute can be and she cracked me up.  Also, last week my boss and I did some grocery shopping for 2 of the families on my caseload and it brought me such joy to deliver those things to them for Thanksgiving. 

Well, that's an update on each of us.  Here are some pictures to make you smile (or laugh!).  I was hoping to add some more, but they won't upload right now...so next time! Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!
Much love,
Joy (Nate, Griffin, Maxwell, and Bailey, too!)


My cousin, Estella sharing an apple with me in the market
Check out all the pumpkins I picked out at my aunt and uncle's farm for my friends at my babysitters!
Look at this big one, Mom!
Hanging out at the Wenger farm
Landon and G on the combine
Going for a ride
Uncle Scott and Griff
Daddy and G at Camp Beck for one of Mommy's work outings
                                         Nikki and Maxwell at Camp
This was my birthday wish for Elizabeth, "to have the ride of her life this year!" Not long after I wished this for her, she and Nate (her husband) decided to adopt from Ethiopia.  We couldn't be happier for our best friends and look forward to supporting them along the way!
Nate and Nate trying to help Elizabeth get off to a good start!
Exactly why this kiddo was a monkey for Halloween!
HELP! This turtle is stuck!
Apparently the zookeepers didn't keep their animals happy! A hungry turtle and a tired monkey!
  Aaawww...stuck again!!! I think I'll just rest here for awhile.............................
                                Maxwell and his Godmother, Elizabeth

Griffin at Nate and Elizabeth's...looks like he's on the search for something...
                         Liz and Cindy helping Griff pick out some candy. 
Kelsey and Carson (my friend, Nikki's kiddos) holding our 2 very happy babies!
                      Kelsey can't find Max and Griffin is in awe of Carson!
          Griffin and I had a date at Suter's farm! We played in the corn wagon, checked out the corn maze, took a hayride, picked a pumpkin out of the pumpkin patch, raced ducks, and had lots of fun!

        Maxwell at his 4 month checkup...weighing in at 11 lbs. 5 oz.  He is a       little guy on the charts!
                                   Cousin, Estella lovin' on Maxwell
                      Lucy holding Maxwell...she couldn't leave him alone!
                                              Our sweet baby, Max!
                  This is a typical Maxwell face when his brother is close by!
    I told you this was a typical Maxwell face when he is close to his brother! ;)
Our sweet baby boys!
 Nate and I caved and let G have a cupcake after dinner one night because he ate  so well! He's been such a light eater for the last couple of months so this was his reward!
Grandma Anderson and her 4 little boys all advocating by wearing their shirts that say, "My grandma makes the best turkey!" Lined up, Grady, Griffin, Maxwell, and Trevor!

                Aunt Danielle and Max lovin' on each other on Thanksgiving
                 Maxwell was warm and toasty snugglin' with his Aunt Meghan
Thanksgiving with the Moore side...double trouble eating their Thanksgiving meals together!

                           
Grandpa sharing his pumpkin pie
                                                         Hugs!!!
                     Did I mention this tag team is DOUBLE TROUBLE???
                                   Maxwell makes this shirt look good!
  Thanks to cousin, Alex for passing down this little go-kart for this lil' cheeseball!
                             It was Maxwell's turn until the boss intruded!
                                           Momma and her boys
                                               Max and Momma
His 1st experience with cereal! Isn't he just precious?! :)
                                          Big bro helping lil' bro out!
Playing in the leaves with Grandma Anderson


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JOY,
You have two very beautiful boys.
Thanks for sharing!


Several days ago I began to think of our cross country days. You stuck out in my mind because you were always positive & energenic. Anways...
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!