Hello! Hello! It's been awhile (I just saw that I started this entry on January 26th!), so of course I have lots of pictures to share. Our new year has started out a bit rough! I'll share a couple of things. We started it off with LOTS of sickness. Both boys got hit HARD with the stomach flu. To let you know how hard they were hit, we had a total of 23 pukes (for lack of better terms) and around 15 diapers that you wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole. Yes, I kept track. When they first started getting sick, it was just in our head..."Ok...this is the third time Griffin has thrown up." It became quite violent and we were keeping track out of disbelief. Nate and I did NOT sleep a wink that night. No exagerration there. We were always cleaning up something and someone. I did 5 loads of laundry during that night and it continued the entire next day! We called our doctor the next morning and they sent us directly to the ER. The boys, of course were dehyrdated. Thankfully, they bypassed IV fluids and were able to keep Pedialyte down in very small doses. They were also given some medication to help with the vomitting. Our hearts broke to see them so sick. Thankfully, our amazing friend, Elizabeth met us at the ER with some snacks and lots of love. We had to stay at the ER for over 2 hours to make sure they kept the Pedialyte down. They both fell asleep while we were there as they were just as exhausted as Mom and Dad. Once we got home, Elizabeth and I disinfected EVERYTHING...toys, doorknobs, light switches, bathrooms, etc. We were hoping that would be a stop to things, however I ended up getting it a day or two later. It hit me hard and fast, but I did not have it nearly as bad as the boys. Nate was the only one to dodge it. Even Elizabeth got a touch of it!
Nate traveled to England for 8 days for work. 8 days in the grand scheme of things doesn't sound too long, but it does when you're a Momma of 2 kids under the age of 2! It was an exhausting 8 days as our sweet little Maxwell is still not sleeping through the night. I was up every night with him at least 2 times (sometimes more on other nights). However, I made it to work on time everyday! and lived to see the day Nate returned back to the US! Yes, the boys tag teamed me at times, but I conquered! Honestly, as hard as it was, it was a treasure to spend that much time with them alone. A lot of things got put on the back burner while they were awake (laundry, dishes, cleaning up, etc) which meant for later nights, but once I hit the pillow, I was usually out within minutes! It was lonely without Nate and we were THRILLED to see him walk in the door. Max lit up like a light! He had a huge smile. Griffin did his "I'm not smiling face" which means he had a goofy grin then ran to hug him. Wait...may I mention during these 8 days Nate was in England, it was decided to postpone the project they were there for until 2013. Sigh....
While Nate was gone, our Beagle, Bailey tore her ACL. Sometimes it seems as if these crazy things only happen to us. We have no idea how she did it, but she did! It doesn't seem to be a full blown tear, thankfully. We're hoping the medication helps heal it as surgery is a RIDICULOUS amount that we cannot afford.
I'm now on my 3rd sickness of the year and we haven't even finished the 2nd month of the year! My 1st was a wretched ear infection that had me down for quite awhile, the 2nd of course was the stomach bug, and the 3rd is now a sinus infection.
Another thing that has been keeping us a little more active is that I'm a leader for the senior high youth girls at church. I have LOVED LOVED LOVED it! The girls (even the junior high girls) have fallen in love with the boys which warms my heart. We went to a girls basketball game and Griffin sat with one girl the whole time (may I mention he got to hold the game ball!) and Maxwell sat with another girl. They are ladies men! :) Speaking of church, Nate played guitar today so we got there early today. Griffin LOVES music so I took him in there to watch them practice before service. He kept dancing and pointing saying, "Dad." He eventually made his way up on the stage. I think he's going to be musically talented like his daddy!
We've had other odds and ends crazy things happen, but overall the good outweigh the bad. I just look at these pictures of our boys and am reminded how blessed we are even through hard times. Griffin is starting to say a lot of words. He is a true Anderson as he can say, "cookie." :) He is sometimes so sweet to Max and will give him toys...other times, he yanks toys away from him. They had their first wrestling match the other day. Both were grinning ear to ear until Griffin started getting a little too crazy. He's becoming such a little man, who I think is a spittin' image of his daddy. Maxwell is sitting really well on his own now and he's rolling from one side of the room to the other. He just started clapping today, too! He's still as smiley as ever, but has also learned how to throw some fits. He cracks us up though as he can be crying and seconds later, he's laughing. You'll see below 2 pictures of him that were taken within the same minute. Crying, then laughing. We adore our boys and you'll see in the pictures why! :)
PS...sorry some of the pictures and captions are all out of alignment...I gave up trying to figure it out)
Maxwell and Momma (I love his face!)
This was Nate's home for his 8 days in England
One of his dinners
Stonehenge
Nate said a lot of the buildings were lit up like this
Necklaces I created for 2 families that lost their loved little ones...I was so pleased out how they turned out and I told many people I would share a picture of them. Notice the time on these pictures as I said earlier...they were taken within the same minute. Apparently he thought he was a loner on his first Valentine's Day and we quickly reminded him he wasn't.
Griff got a little Sesame Street clean up set and Max got a musical teether for Valentine's Day
Lover boy!
My sister came for a visit on day...what a crew!
Look at all that slobber! but no teeth yet!
Playtime in the snow!
This was at a family lunch...the daughter of one of Nate's cousins and Griffin
SOME of the laundry from the stomach bug that attacked!
This is the majority of it!
Fun with paint!
Superman!
He's got a nice "grip" on my arm
One morning I ran upstairs to get Maxwell and found Griffin in the bathroom with his head under the water!
GO BUCKEYES!
Chillaxin' in the tub! It was his own idea to put this little pool in there.
We're currently out of french fry seasoning...it all got dumped!
This was the first night in his big boy bed...this is picture #1Picture #2 (Momma checked on him several times during the night)
Picture #3
Lovingly brothers
Reggie, Griffin, and Bailey eating M&Ms that someone spilled!
Cutest snow shoveler I've ever seen!Apparently he was remembering old times sake in the jumperoo!
Sweet Maxwell
Picnic in the living room
Momma and her crazy boys!
Our best friends, Nate and Liz came over with their dog Reggie and we all played in the snow
Elizabeth arranged for her brother to take some pictures of our family over Christmas. He takes pictures for World Vision. He did a fabulous job and we thank Kurt for taking the time to snap these shots. Max makes it look so easy...Griffin made Kurt work a little harder though!
3 out of 4 looking and 4 out of 4 smiling! Success!!!
Big Ben (somehow this picture got separated from the other England pics)
















No comments:
Post a Comment