



Joy says...
-Finding out on July 28, 2008 we were pregnant!
-Sharing our exciting news in a fun way with our family and friends. Nathan came up with the idea of taking pictures and it resembling the Mastercard priceless commercials. So, we took a picture of some different money figures (made up numbers from acupuncture, doctor appts, fertility drugs, etc.) then took pictures of ourselves holding up a sign that said, "Finding out we are pregnant...PRICELESS." Nathan's Mom won the award for loudest reaction! :) and with my parents we gave them books called, "I Love You, Grandma" and "I Love you, Grandpa" with a special message written on the inside.
-Funny cravings that I had to have or I thought I'd die! One specifically being fried pickles. I had fried pickles 4 days in a row and on day 4 I incorporated eggrolls (so all I had for dinner was fried pickles and deep fried eggrolls), I ended up feeling so sick I could hardly move. Needless to say, I haven't had any since and I can hardly even type out the word, "pickles" without cringing!
-Not doing the dishes because the smell of the dishwaster detergent made me gag and even throw up. Also, experiencing that same thing with Bailey's dog food. So giving up those 2 chores to Nathan. :) I have to admit, I'm kind of thankful for getting sick because of the smell. It's been nice not doing dishes! Ha!
-Having our first ultrasound on August 12th at 6 weeks (much earlier than most people) and hearing the heartbeat
-Having another ultrasound at 9 weeks and seeing the tiny arm and leg buds
-Another ultrasound at 11 weeks and seeing the arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, toes, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth!
-ANOTHER ultrasound at 12 weeks (we had so many ultrasounds due to some concerns of fluid being around the baby's chest/abdomen) and seeing the baby bounce all over the place. The sonographer was trying to get measurements of the baby, however the baby was having playtime and wouldn't be still long enough for her to measure. Then...the baby decided it was nap time and was very still. Of course, the baby was still not in a good position for measurements, so the sonographer had to keep bouncing the doppler up and down on my belly to get the baby to move...and well, it wouldn't move! Nathan and I were laughing as we were reminded our baby has already picked up one of our traits---stubbornness! :)
-Receiving gifts and how fun and exciting that was! 3 outfits from Aunt Danielle and Uncle Matt, 2 onesies, a bib, and maternity clothes from Grandma and Grandpa Moore, a gift basket full of goodies from our friend, Jess, flowers from our friends, Aaron and Heather, and a baby washcloth and flip flop decoration from our sweet friend, John Walsh.
-Also receiving cards in the mail from Jess Nevergall, Carrie Rausch, Karen and Larry Marttila, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Mel, the Walsh Family, and our church
-Reading the book, "Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mothers Soul"
-My sister-in-law, Danielle let me borrow books on pregnancy, so reading and learning more through those
-Meeting a new friend (Tracy) after running into each other at the doctor's office in Dayton a couple of times and communicating almost daily, sharing our pregnancy stories with one another
-Watching my belly grow!
-Having our nephew Alex tell us he hopes we have a Japanese baby and then a few weeks later he said he hopes we have a Pakistan baby or a French baby or a Russian baby or a Chinese baby or a Mexican baby. Ha! Where do kids get these ideas? He may be disappointed to find out we're having a plain white baby! ;)
-Our nephew, Garner saying, "Wow! You're huge" when I was only 12 weeks pregnant and me wondering what that child is going to think in a few months as the pregnancy continues and grows! :)
-Our nephew, Caden touching my belly saying, "You better be a girl and your name is going to be Elizabeth," asking questions about the baby and being very interested, and then sharing with me as he stretched out his arms how big the baby was going to be when it was born (his arms were stretched out about 3 feet and I admit, I shuttered imagining giving birth to a baby that big!).
-The names people are calling the baby (Junior---thanks to my boss...he's so determined it's a boy), Pappoosa by my Office Manager, Janet at work, and Bambino by our Pastor). I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that really made me chuckle.
-"Morning sickness" all throughout the day and smiling after getting sick each time knowing it's all because of a big blessing growing inside of me.
-Having Nathan pat and kiss my belly each day and praying over the baby and I
-Having people share what they think the gender is going to be:
Me-boy
Nate-girl
My dad-girl
Nate's mom-girl
My sister-in-law, Danielle-boy (though she's pulling to have a girl on that side of the family)
My friend, Nicole-first a girl, then changing her mind to a boy
My boss, Paul-boy
Our friend, John-girl
My co-worker/friend, Nikki-girl (though I think she may have changed her mind to a boy)
My acupuncturist, Lisa-boy (my forgetfulness has lead her to believe this)
My friend, Elizabeth-girl
Our nephew, Caden-girl
Our nephew, Alex-boy
*Feel free to add your guess or gut feeling by hitting "comment" at the end of this blog entry and adding it! It's so fun to hear what others say. :)
Nathan says...
Wow! Ok is there anything left to add?! Here are a few more highlights....
- Dinner at Wendy's. We're conveniently close to a Wendy's and for some reason think that Wendy's is the healthier fast food joint in town. We hit that place up like it was leaving town. Everytime I sat down to balance the check book I had to chuckle because it seemed like every other entry I was writing down "Wendy's".
- This is a repeat from Joy's list but is worth mentioning again - fried pickles! I got a call from Joy a few days in a row that she was on her way to try a new place in town that made fried pickles. She was so drawn to the taste that she went out and bought a small deep frier. After she spent the night throwing up we haven't had fried food again!
- Joy's appetite - It was amazing to see how much her appetite picked up.
- Increased appetite also means more gas!
- Watching Joy glow.

3 comments:
I love the blogs too to keep in touch! I am going to say girl because I want one so bad and everyone else around me is having girls! haha You have to read the book Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy...I was laughing so hard I cried!
Oh, Joy, that sweet man of yours did NOT talk about your gas on here! He MUST be talking about his gas, right??? :)
And...girl is my guess.
Joy you look amazing. Keep up with those tummy pics. You'll be amazed when you look back!
I'm so happy for you guys :)
Post a Comment