Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Progress?

Nope...no such luck with progress. We had our 38 week OB appointment today and nothing has changed since last week other than the fact lil' baby boy has decided to get comfortable on my sciatic nerve. This is causing much pain and discomfort. It has been bothering me for a few days now, but late this afternoon it seems I can barely hobble around the house. I did go to the chiropractor this morning and have to go back tomorrow, as well. He tried several things to help relieve some of the pressure and pain, but no such luck. Tomorrow is a new day, so we'll see what that brings. Oh...and I no longer have ankles at this point either due to swelling and it goes up through my legs, as well. Until then...I'm just daydreaming about having a maid and a cook here at our house. Any takers? ;)
Love,
Joy (Nate, and Baby Boy, too)

3 comments:

Jason, Jenni and crew said...

Hang in there girl! The end was by far THE TOUGHEST part...and ends with sweetness. You look fabulous!!!!!

Beth said...

Maybe that's the job for me. I could hire myself out to extremely pregnant friends to cook, clean and run errands. If I lived closer, I would come make you dinner. :) Hang in there, you'll make it. This will all seem like a minor inconvenience later (or so everyone keeps telling me!) In the meantime, if bathrooms don't get cleaned, or your house doesn't get vacuumed or dusted, don't panic, a little dust never hurt anyone.

K said...

The end is horrible (or at least it was for me) I can feel your pain. I found that it actually made the sleepless nights and the healing from childbirth much easier to accept. Even though my sleep was broken up by a newborn, at least I was SLEEPING when I laid down. Know what I mean? Just let the housework go, eat take out or sandwiches. You're in the final mile of a marathon here and you need to conserve your energy for that last bit! You're almost there! :)