Thursday, April 2, 2009

Induction scheduled...

Well, this may be my last time writing while I'm pregnant with this baby boy. We had our routine OB appointment on Tuesday. Because I have been in so much pain from the baby laying on my sciatic nerve, the doctor said I could be induced. It was like a dream come true to hear those words come out of Dr. Doty's mouth!!! I truly saw Jesus in her! :) So, she told us to pick a day...so, of course we did (our 1st pick was Thursday---as in today). The nurse called the hospital, but the hospital didn't have an opening until Tuesday, April 7th (our actual due date). The hospital only allows 3 inductions per day between all the OBs here in town. So, that just means a few extra days of baking to perfection. I'd rather him be healthier than to have him early just to relieve my pain. So, bake on, kiddo! Of course, we'd be thrilled if he decided to come on his own before then, but I have a feeling it will probably be Tuesday. Only time will tell.

Other than the sciatic pain, things are moving along. I no longer walk, but waddle. I sit up in bed to sleep most of the night because it seems to be a bit more comfortable (as comfortable as sitting up in bed can be). I do have to say I am thankful that baby boy has decided to give me some relief by not being so far up into my ribcage. Thank you thank you thank you! It's still a little sore, but not nearly as much which shows he has dropped a little more. I have had a few contractions, but nothing consistent and nothing that makes me want to cry (yet, anyway). Ha! and I'm very thankful to have such an amazing husband who takes such good care of me. Nathan is going to be an amazing dad!!!

Nate and I are beyond anxious and excited to meet our little guy, as we've been learning many others are, too which makes us feel pretty special. Seems like every time our phone rings and we answer, the other end of the line says, "You're still at home?" Or...when we call someone, the other end of the line says, "Are you at the hospital?!" My sister-in-law, Danielle just called today and asked if I wanted to walk tomorrow to help things along. Ha! So, as I said, we are excited and we are blessed to have family and friends that are so excited along with us. Our little miracle is so loved already. Did I mention we are so excited to meet him???

Nate took a couple pictures of me this morning. So this is my 39 week/2 day baby boy belly.
Much love,
Joy (Nate & Baby Boy, too!)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow Joy! You are really pregnant in that picture :)

I'm still hoping that your little one decides to come along this weekend, even my mom passed the prayer along to her church family in Philadelphia. We will be following along from there next week, so hopefully there will be some pictures before I fly back home!

We're wishing you all the best, and sending along prayers for all of you. You being this close has made me slightly impatient to get that far along too. Sigh, July seems so far away. Wishing all three of you the best...

Beth, Rod and Baby :)

K said...

You look amazing! Way to cook that baby mama! Are they going to do any cervical ripening to help the induction? (Sorry for those that are grossed out by that) :)

The end is SOOOO uncomfortable- but when that baby is out you'll be amazed at how much more comfortable you feel (even though you're recovering from the labor). Like sleeping lying down.... feels SOOO good (even if it is for only a few hours- it's great!)

Keep us posted. I'm so excited for you.

Trav, Jess, and Aden Daugherty said...

I can't wait to see your little man. Lots of prayers coming your way for tuesday!!