Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thinking...

Just sitting here thinking about when it's time to eat again... Well, Nate and I are having the time of our lives! We are absolutely in love with our Griffin John. He's been so content and mellow. We are beyond blessed!
We have had a bit of a challenge, however. Griffin is struggling to eat directly from me. It has become quite exhausting for us all. We have been working with the lacation consultants from the hospital and spent 2 hours there today. We learned he has what is called a "tongue tie" making it difficult for him to latch on. If this is not corrected now, it can also later affect his speech. Poor guy. We have our one week check up with our family doctor tomorrow. The lacation consultant said he will need to make a referral to one of the pediatricians who is trained in doing this procedure (to cut the tongue tie).
On a different note, we ventured out to Meijer today for a few things (he slept through his entire first trip to Meijer) and managed to clean our entire house while Griffin slept in his bouncy seat!
Now...now it's time for bed...actually...it's past bedtime for this momma! Goodnight all and thank you for sharing in our journey!
Love,
Joy

5 comments:

K said...

Wow lady- didn't you get the memo that you're entitled to be waited on hand and foot right now? Trip to Meijer? Cleaning the entire house?! You're making the rest of us look bad- haha!

I'm glad you're seeing an LC. Don't give up. Lots of babies have latching issues initially and it can affect mom's supply temporarily. But as long as you keep trying- you can always increase your supply in the future. Keep us posted on your little guy's tongue! What a lucky little guy that mommy is trying so hard to make breastfeeding work! But even more importantly, a mommy that loves him so much no matter if it works or not!((hugs))

Andrea said...

He is just so precious! I need to stay away from your blog for awhile to avoid the baby fever..haha! Enjoy your precious boy!! He's perfect :)

The Parsons Family said...

Hey Joy,
I just wanted to wish you much success with nursing. You are truly blessed to have the opportunity to experience the assistance and skills of a lactation consultant. I nursed Isaac until I started working (when he was 4-1/2 months old), and then became a pump addict along with nursing morning and night! If you need anything let me know, if nothing else I will be praying for your success together!!
~jo

Unknown said...

Joy, he's perfect :)
I'm so happy for you and Nathan- and I can't wait to meet the little guy sometime soon, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

My brother was born tongue-tied and did very well with the surgery and has had no problems (he's 14 now). Good luck with the breastfeeding. Don't stress yourself out if it doesn't work like you think it should. It is one of the most frusturating and rewarding things I ever did. We had problems too and had to cut it short. Yeah to you for sticking it out and doing all you can.
He is adorable. Brya was a huge fan of her bouncy seat as well.
Christi Aysh